Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, November 23, 2007

Here at last...

Warmest greetings and welcome to my brand new online haven.

I have been giving this a considerable amount of thought for a while and decided to go ahead and do this so that I can share our lives with all our family and friends who are spread out all over the country and overseas. In addition to this, I think this is an excellent means of capturing my thoughts and life experiences. Hopefully, if we're to be richly blessed, our future children will be able to look into our lives before them :)

The webpage address of choice stems from the story of my life to date and in order to capture the emotion behind it, I am going to share something I wrote during the Thanksgiving season two years ago.

"As I sit here in my little home, I look out the window and wonder what happened to the beautiful maple tree which once proudly stood there with its leaves ablazed in its magnificent crimson glory… now, it is almost bare and solitary looking, I sure wouldn’t want to be that tree, all stripped of its crowning glory and left bare to the harsh elements of the fast approaching winter season… I feel sad for it, but I know the stillness of winter holds a promise of such unimaginable abundance come spring time…

I guess that is how I see my life to be... I have to remind myself that I cannot judge the rest of my life based on only one season. Many people have asked me how do I even function after having to face such heartbreaking challenges and all that comes to mind is what someone very dear to me once said... that if I give up during the harsh winter season, that I shall miss the promise of my spring, the beauty of my summer and the fulfillment of my fall. I want to believe that the essence of who I am, the pleasure, joy and love that come from this life can only be measured at the end, when all the seasons are up."

So here I am, with a head full of dreams, heart full of hope, soul full of faith... all excited to continue the journey of life and see what the future unfolds... to quote Shakespeare, "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores".

And so it is.

So again, welcome friends, please kick off your shoes, get comfy and let the sharing begin.

5 comments:

Ms J said...

am looking forward to many wonderful posts from you!

Cat Cat said...

Welcome to the blogging world!
Can't wait for more posts to come.

Moments In Time said...

Thanks Ms J and Cat Cat, after following your blogs daily, aku pun teringin nak join ya??? :)

Sue Donovan said...

Looking forward to hearing all the details and seeing all the photos of the wedding.
We are both so proud of you two. May you have many years of love and happiness, with no more bumps in the road..
Love,
MaSue and PoppaJack

Kevin Koo said...

hello sheila,

nice to see your blog growing post by post. :)