Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Week 21 update

All is well here in the J household! The husband, puppy, baby and I are enjoying my parent's visit from Malaysia. They got in a week before Thanksgiving and hence, we've been visiting places as well as family. It would be a lot nicer if we didn't have to work in that time frame, but it is kind of difficult to avoid that since my parents are visiting for 6 weeks!

I will most definitely miss their company as well as the creature comforts that only parents can bring when they leave on the 27th :( With my mom's cooking, I have finally been able to up my weight. I had gained 5 pounds in the first 3 months and then 2 more at Week 14. But that's where it had stopped cos I was still only 7 pounds up at Week 19 during my checkup. I guess all those salads I consumed didn't stick! In any case, at Week 21, after 3 weeks of Mom's cooking, I gained 2 more pounds!

Everything looked a-okay during our detailed anomally ultrasound scan at Week 19. The Little One was progressing well and in the 85th percentile and I can also tell that he is going to be a handful since he did not keep still long enough for the ultrasound technician to take a good shot... so here are a could of my feisty boy!


Profile shot


Frontal shot


Well son, when you're old enough to read this, your Daddy just HAD to make sure! :) He is so unbelievably excited, he's already planning everything he's going to do with you, he keeps wishing that you were here already!

5 comments:

Cat Cat said...

I love the baby furniture alot. Very good choice.

As far as the rest of the stuff, you should wait till after some baby showers given to you by your friends and family.

Get a list of stuff that you want and set up a baby gift registry. Include all small little things like diaper, baby lotion, baby bath, shampoo, wash cloth, burp cloth, onesis, bottles, baby cap (important), bathtub, socks, you know small little things like that.

It helps alot and everything adds up... So, just list down all the stuff that you need - small and big items.

I'm not a big fan of toys for baby/infant - I think it's a big waste of money since infant don't really know how to play with toys yet till they're at least 6 months old.

Salt N Turmeric said...

Cantik the baby furnitures! I pun tumpang excited, boleh kan? hehe.
Thank god Michael is not a die-hard fan of any sports club or what not. I cannot imagine the back and forth of the theme for the room. Good luck in choosing the color babe! Hope you guys would decide on something that you both like. :)

Moments In Time said...

Cath - Hee hee my hubby tells me to start the list as well but some days, so malas la... I still think like we have a lot of time! See la, when almost due, sure panic! But yeah, I never thought of the little things so better start jotting down!

Yeah I agree, small baby don't know how to play with toys yet... we just ask for books/cds when people ask what kind of toys we want cos the Hubby intends to read to his son!

Farina - Memang boleh tumpang excited ma! We all kaum wanita, tak kisah, nampak baby aje, memang exicted, it seems doesn't matter where we go, the baby bump is always a conversation starter :)

Eeeh, you lucky-la si Abang you tak kisah pasal sports2 sume, kan senang nanti, you can do whatever theme you want! Adui... back to decisions :)

beth_96xx said...

AUNTIE SHEILA!!!!!!
The baby looks soooooooooo big
i can't belive it
So how are you doing??
Thought of any baby names yet??
Love to all 3 of you (and bama) ofcourse

Beth XxXxXxX

Moments In Time said...

Hey Beth-sy! He DOES look big doesn't he??? But he's only 2 pounds so still a itty-bitty little bub! Jon and I haven't settled on any names yet so we'll see. Hugs!