Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

First baby purchase

Another exciting event in our household was that we finally made our first baby purchase! We've been going back and forth and looking at a variety of baby furniture and the various stores and finally decided on the Munir*e Newport collection. I have never been so stressed about making a decision, not even when picking out my wedding dress! In any case, I am so glad that that decision is made!


We got the hutch combo, 6 drawer chest, night stand and convertible crib in a darker color as below.


I think the yellow is soothing but Mr. J thinks it's for girls! I guess anything other than his Crimson will not do!

In any case, we don't have it at home yet just because some pieces needs to be ordered and Mr. J wants to paint the baby's room before setting things up.

We're still debating the colors, he wants a sports theme with Alabama Crimson red on the bottom half and the sheerest baby blue on the top half... I am not completely sold on the idea so unless I can come up with a better idea/color scheme, he's just going to go ahead with it! In any case, I don't think I can get off of using the red on the palette, I just hope the baby would not be an angry one looking at all the red around him :( Sigh, I would prefer pastel, "baby" colors with little animals as a theme but I guess that is an exhausting debate!

So I guess we've gotten the biggest part taken care of, now it's time for accessories... car seat, bouncy chair, bottles, clothes etc. Question for all you experienced Mommies out there... what things have you used with your baby/ies that you highly recommend or cannot imagine living without???

3 comments:

Lee said...

Hi, I was at Cat's place noticed your beautiful call sign, Moments in time'....sure has that kind of romantic zing to it...reminds me of Englebert Humperdink's song.

Love your furniture, great choice....the wood colour is very rustic, I love it.
You have a great weekend, best regards, Lee.

pearly said...

Happy new year to you and family !
love those baby furniture good choice , push chair on it way and car seat ? :)

is a busy moment for you and your hubby now to look around wat to choice for baby room .
he is so big now looking at the scar . keep up with it dear .
you do well .xxxxxx

Moments In Time said...

Uncle Lee - Thank you for the kind regards, please stop by for a visit more often ya?

Pearly - Aiyoh... we are panicking now cos there is so much we still haven't done. My hubby wants to be the one to pick all the 'tools', carseat etc so probably when I am in labor only, he'll go buy!!!