Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year 2009

What a year 2008 was! My parents ended their 6 week visit and headed for home on December 27th. It was so weird having the house all to ourselves again and I think the puppy misses them dearly too. I think it was overall an enjoyable visit, we visited one set of in-laws in Alabama and another in Savannah and Dad even went for a hunting trip in Georgia!

I think all that traveling and excitement finally caught up with me and I caught a cold on new year's eve... hence our plans to go see the fireworks were abandoned and I was in bed at 8pm with snuggly socks, Sudafed, tissues and the puppy snuggling up to me. The Hubby was enjoying one of my Christmas presents;


I've been wanting one of these for the longest time but have been debating if we'd be disciplined enough not to be totally consumed playing this but so far, so good... we've had so much fun together! Plus I am thinking that the Fit will be beneficial as part of my post-natal weight loss care :) Hubby went out and got the Star Wars game as well and the boy gets a good workout!


The Puppy is asking to play too.... The dear girl thinks that her duckie is Wii-capable as well! She's too cute not to post a pic :O)

Christmas this year was spent in Tybee Island and Savannah, Georgia. My lovely mother in law got us this lovely chalet on Tybee


View from our chalet, Tybee Island, Georgia


Sharing a quiet stroll on the beach - Tybee Island, GA


Sunshine in December, priceless!


Baby bump??? More like boulder! Touring Fort Pulaski.


The Cathedral, downtown Savannah


Make-believe shipmates??? Nah!


The folks having a great time at a wonderful Scottish pub. We had the yummiest scottish eggs, shepard's pie and meat pies here!

What a wonderful time it was, just spending time with family and enjoy all the loving that comes with it. May 2009 be a year full of wonderful surprises and memorable moments. Whatever it is, we are so thankful and blessed to have and to love those we know. May it be a good one for you as well, friend.

2 comments:

Cat Cat said...

Aaaah, you will have the baby not too long from now eh...??? I can see the excitement on your and your hubby's face... You look good and remember to show us more pictures when the baby comes.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear you like the wii fit - i've been thinking it would be fun to have - thanks!