Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Week 7

Lots of going-ons this week, the biggest being Eli's first road trip! We decided to visit with Grandpa and Nini this Memorial Day weekend and packed the car to the brim and took the 6 hour drive down to Alabama. Amazingly, the Little Guy was so well behaved and needed to stop once each way for a diaper change and burping session.

Overall, it was a successful trip, Eli enjoyed being loved on by both his god-mothers, aunts and grandparents. I was initially nervous about him adapting to the new place but he took it all in stride.


Talking to Daddy at Grandpa's


Exercise session with Daddy... one, two, three, stretch...


Passed out in Nini's arms

Also, a milestone this week is that he's gotten the hang of being potty trained. Probably a bit too much information, but I am amazed that someone so little can understand what he needs to do.


Afternoon 'constitution'

Other than that, we've been enjoying our time together at home with my mother and taking little excursions... I am dreading the thought of having to go back to work in 5 weeks but hopefully it will not be too bad. Any advice from those out there who've been through this?


Dancing with Mummy's sweet boy.


Chilling after a nice warm bath.

Good news, my mum's visa got extended till April next year so I was thinking that she can help watch Eli for a few more months instead of the initial plan of sending Eli to daycare in September which was her original departure date... however, this place runs like a school and only has intakes once a year... the rest of the year, they accept new intakes only if someone leaves. As such, Eli will be going to daycare beginning September 8th... I will not lie, I am so nervous about that...
I'm not sure if he'll cry at daycare but Mummy sure will when I drop you off :(


Pretty blue eyes.

4 comments:

Grace said...

Aww - what a sweetheart! I think a road trip is rather soothing for babies that age as they tend to sleep....

We get one year maternity leave here in Canada, so I can't give you any pointers here.... 5 more weeks and your back to work??? That's too soon!!!

asiangard said...

AWWWW! Naomi used to have eyes like that too...now they are hazel, I wonder if your little guy will keep them? He sure is growing fast!

Moments In Time said...

Grace - I was SO nervous about taking that trip, I am so glad that it went well. I am so jealous of the 1 year maternity leave, I'm considered lucky to get 12 weeks cos most only get 6 weeks. It IS too soon :(

Rhi - Naomi has gorgeous eyes, it is funny to me how the colors evolve as they grow... I hope he keeps his blue eyes... I prayed SO very hard for a blue-eyed baby :)

letti said...

he's really filling out and looking so adorable! Ugh, I am thankful that I am not working for now,and won't have to drop him off while i work and like that. That is truly a blessing. Yay for momma who will be staying on some more to help out with Eli... he's getting cuter and cuter every week!