Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, June 8, 2009

Week 8

This week was another big week for Eli, we went to his 2 month wellness visit and shots today. I did not realise that 2 month olds go in for THREE shots at one go. I had already been apprehensive with my little one going in to be pricked at as much as I hate needles myself so imagine how much further my heart sunk when the doctor told us that it'll be 3 shots and one oral dose :(

Eli woke up in a good mood and was smiling, cooing and just being cheeky at the doctor and that broke my heart even further knowing what was in store for him... do all you other Mommies feel that guilt as well? I am the same way when I take the dog to the vet... I just feel as the parent, we're there to protect them from the unpleasant stuff especially since they can't fend for themselves... at the end of the day, I know it is for their own good and they will forget the pain.


At 8 weeks and 6 days, Eli almost weighs 11 lbs (25th percentile), measures 22 inches (25th percentile) and head circumfrence 40.5 cm (50th percentile). So he's on the smallish side but apparently these aren't indicators of his future growth so we'll see if he'll be 5'5" like Mommy or 5'11" like Daddy... maybe he'll astound us and be 6ft tall :)


Getting naked to be weighed in... see how happy he is??? I swear, that child loves to be in the buff!


Waiting for the doctor... not really knowing what's in store for him.


There's the smile!


Being cheeky with Mommy. This is his new habit, he loves sticking his tongue out and instead of sucking his fingers, he pokes out that cute tongue and licks his fists. It is so cute... I was carrying him outside on the porch one evening facing outwards and suddenly I felt this little tickle on my hand and there he was licking away... my little lizard boy :)


Dr Neil giving Eli a thorough look over. He was impressed with his muscle tone and control of his head. Eli can lay on his tummy and lift his head, he recognises voices, is fascinated by lights, alert, coos/smiles/interacts and is able to fixate his eyes on objects. So overall an A+ report card! Oh, the doc was impressed with Eli's potty training and found that fascinating.


With Shot #1, he didn't cry but he stopped cooing and you could see him registering what just happened... this pic is of Shot #2 when he just started bawling... it was heart breaking, he stopped crying only to be administered Shot #3. Good thing Grandma was there to hold him... I could barely watch :(


All done and not very happy. He kept recalling the shots and would cry in little spurts all the way home. We put a hot compress on the shots and gave him infant Tylenol as soon as we got home and knock on wood, he's not had a fever and is sleeping soundly as well as eating normally.

On a happier note, we took him to visit with my client (the one who threw me a baby shower) and his Daddy's workplace as well and had lots of fun.


Loving on Aunt Lana.


More sugar for Aunt Vicki.


This is what he wore to church yesterday. I think his Daddy has hopes that he'll go to college and play ball for Bama :)


With Ms Brittany and Ms Peggy at the old country gas station where Daddy stops by for coffee every morning on his way to work. They've adopted Daddy and give him free coffee as their thank you for his service to the country. They even got Eli gifts for his baby shower... random acts of kindness truly amazes me. In any case, we stopped by today so they could meet Eli and of course that boy was loved on to bits.

Week 8 was lovely and I look forward to spending more time with the little one with Week 9.... D-Day (going back to work) is looming (July 13th) but I am just sticking to thinking happy thoughts for now!

4 comments:

Our Life Story said...

God u know what..he looks more and more like u as day passes by..

Grace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Grace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Colleen said...

How funny, I just was going to leave the same comment that Grace did today. It's been two months since we've gotten an update on your little guy. How about some pictures?