Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, January 3, 2008

We're baaaaaack!

What a sudden jolt it was to be greeted with below freezing weather when we landed stateside yesterday evening. When we left for Malaysia on the 14th of December, the weather was not unlike autumn but now, winter has definitely asserted its presence.

I find it hard to believe that a whole year of planning came down to one wonderful and magical day followed by an amazing time at home and ever so quickly, it's over and it's back to our daily grind!

Our flight over to Malaysia took us from Atlanta to Seoul, Korea on Delta and I am not sure how many of you have flown that particular Delta flight but service and food was appalling! I don't really care if the stewardesses do not have grace or certain standards like MAS or SIA but the attitude needed to be in check! Mr J had to continuously calm me down or else I would have expressed my opinion there and then. What the heck I am talking about? Well one example was during the meal service, we were served dinner without napkins and Mr J tapped on the stewardesses shoulder when she turned around and she swung back with a nasty "WHAT??? What do you want??? I am only one person so can only serve one a time"... needless to say I was fuming!

Thank goodness we didn't have to fly Delta again the rest of our trip. It was a breath of fresh air flying on Korean Air from Seoul to Kuala Lumpur, the stewardesses exudes elegant grace, were extremely polite and helpful and the food was yummy [after the nasty food aboard Delta, anything was yumms :)]

When we got to our rented condo around 2am on Sunday, the 16th, we were pleasantly surprised as to how pretty and relaxing it was. Apparently it's an up and coming address to have with the likes of Jimmy Choo with a penthouse there too.

The days that lead to the wedding was a blur. Monday was the most stressful of all, we went to the US Embassy to get Mr J's letter of singlehood from the Ambassador, then rushed to find a commissioner of oath to sign our marriage resgistration form and the off to Shah Alam to get our marriage registered at the Department of Registration. We had called in prior to actually being in Malaysia to find out what exactly we needed to do and I don't know why I was surprised/shocked/sad when things didn't turn out the way we wanted. It aggravates me to no end how every single person at the Department has a different answer to one single question. It seems like no one knew what they were doing!!!! Needless to say, I stormed off and didn't care at all if we were registered in Malaysia or not as we don't reside there!

Other than that glitch and waiting for 4 hours just to renew my passport, I couldn't have asked for a better wedding!

I'll let the pictures do all the talking so look out for my next few posts.

1 comment:

Anak Iban! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.