Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Hurricane season

Life has been a whirlwind. I have not seen my husband for the past month, work keeps me busy 70-80 hours a week, I've pretty much have been a single parent to our little BamBam for the past month, that plus studying for the international qualification exam and keeping up the house, I am surprised that I have yet to pass out!

It's finally Labor Day weekend, my husband is home, puppy's happy, almost perfect right? Well it would have been if I am not here in Toronto, Canada, attending a comprehensive 3-day live course of exam preparation classes. On the plus side, I've made new friends and am enjoying their company and exploring the city.

I'm looking forward for Monday when I can finally go home and perhaps spend some cuddle time with my dear hubster... until he told me that he may not be home... they're alerting the Tenn. Guards for a possible mobilisation to Mississippi for the hurricane relief efforts, if God forbid, it turns out horrendous on Monday when the storm is expected to hit.

So I am putting my hands together and lifting my prayers that no more lives will be lost in this raging storm and that Mr. J can be home for a while. We miss each other and I can't wait till our little family is complete once again... even if it's just for a little while.

No comments: