Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, October 20, 2008

It's a BOY!

Today marks the beginning of Week 14 and what a surprise we had when we took a little peep at Little Bit this morning! First and foremost, he had grown 50% since we had seen him 2 weeks ago, his current stats are;

Length - 93 mm
Heartbeat - 122 bpm

It was so fun to watch him, his arms and legs were already formed, we got to count the 5 perfect little fingers and much to our delight, we finally got to see that it's a little boy! No more he/she but HIM! He was a little shy at first keeping his legs crossed and after the ultrasound technician poked and prodded, the little one finally adjusted and there it was... for all to see, his little pee-pee.


The pee-pee! Do you see it??

The Hubby is still in denial, he keeps saying it's the umbilical cord but to prove to him that it isn't, the ultrasound technician switched on the thermal scanner which shows the movement/flow of blood and alas, the umbilical cord was nowhere near Little Bit's nether regions. Anyways, I am convinced it's a boy and so is the technician. I guess Daddy'll just have to wait till the next thorough ultrasound in 4weeks.


Look at this adorable profile!


Hi Mommy!!! Or was it nudging my ribcage???


Do you see the tips of his fingers?

So now, we have to pick a boy's name since I had been so sure it was a girl and my mindset was ready for little dresses, ballet classes etc... don't get me wrong, I am so excited it's a boy but I think every Mother secretly wishes to have a little girl! Anyways, I can see myself as a soccer/football/hockey/cub scout mom and I really can't wait for him to be here so we can finally hold him!

Keep growing little one, be healthy and strong... know you are so loved even before we've laid eyes on you!

7 comments:

Salt N Turmeric said...

Congrats on the latest news! Tht baby monitor tu memang cute. Boleh tengok sendiri how the 'baby' looks like all the time.

Moments In Time said...

Farina - I know! I wish we had one of those at home, we can watch what the little one is doing at all times, hard to believe each time we 'visit' the baby, so much has changed. Tapi kena sabar la ye, cos probably by the time baby comes, makan pun takde masa!

How did you open house go???

letti said...

Yay ! he will be sooo full of cuteness!!!

Helena said...

Gosh! I AM excited just reading this! Can imagine how you must feel! :)

pearly said...

wooo this is the best news I had,
so happy for both of you !
you are right, me too I was so wish to have a little girl until I saw Aden little pee hahhah.
well ! boy is good there always love mummy ahhaha is mummy boy !
girl always daddy one ;p

Moments In Time said...

Letti - You know, I think I am biased, when I saw the little one's profile, I thought it's the cutest little thing I've seen! The big round "Daddy" head, a cute sharp nose, tiny lips... he's also so graceful in his movements now, no more jerking... I never thought I'd enjoy the road of pregnancy this much and I know you do too!

Helena - It IS exciting!!!! I never was one to think too much about this, since I've so busy with my career.. it didn't even strike me when I got pregnant, it was that first ultrasound when we saw the tiny little human form, I was in love right away... Any plans for you and PM to travel down this road??? hee hee

Pearly - You know, you are right! Girl's when they grow up becomes Daddy's girl... and knowing my Hubby, he will surely spoil her.... I think he'll be tougher on a boy. Now I kelam kabut thinking how to raise a boy :) Oh my Hubby suggested to name the baby Aidan but I told him kenot, cos Pearly's son is Aden! Ha ha ha

pearly said...

hi dear :
don't be silly , you can name Aiden too , I will be happy for you both too , this name is choice by my hubby too ,I get to name him in Chinese name .
also my is ADEN without a i :P kekkek .
now I get to see this scar picture this little one is so cute already :)
well done mummy !