Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The face of an angel

Old post written on February 17th, 2009

Yesterday was our 31 week ultrasound and bio-physical profile and my oh my, how has the little one grown. From the little tadpole he was not too long ago, he's 4 whole pounds now. His measurements seem to be within range, although his Daddy is rather worried that his head is in the 83% percentile... but with the growth spurts, the percentiles are always a moving target.

In the midst of the ultrasound, we caught sight of his face, his sweet sweet face, his cheeks were so chubby, his nose the perfect button and he looked like he was all curled up fast asleep peacefully... until he stretches to give his Mummy a quick jab. From the time we found out we were pregnant, I have always been wondering what he is going to look like and whatever it was, seeing my little boy's face made it all seem more real.

His movements are a lot more coordinated and even graceful as you see him move his little arms and legs, I am not sure if it is pure coincidence but I think he recognises my voice... there will be periods during the day when it'd suddenly occur to me that I had not felt him kick and I'd rub my belly and talk to him soothingly trying to coax him to give his Mummy a jab and sometimes it takes longer but he surely knows how to respond!

No comments: