Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Darling!

The happiest birthday wishes to my husband, my best friend, my love, my baby daddy! :) I shall not reveal the ‘dreaded’ number but let me assure you that it is just that, a number. I love every day that we share and I look forward for the many more I hope to be blessed with. Thank you for all you do for your little family, everything is appreciated. The enthusiasm you have displayed in preparing the baby’s room as well as doing an amazing job with it, the back rubs you give me after a long day at work, taking the puppy out in the morning so that I can catch the extra 2 minutes of sleep, the sweet little way you talk to the puppy telling her about her baby brother, allowing me to eat durian in your presence, or simple things like taking out the garbage… every little thing like that is being safe kept in my treasure trove of memories.

I love it that you are uncomplicated and so easy to please, that you put others before you, that you are honest and speak your mind, how you not only allow but encourage me to be whatever I wish to be… I think I could go on about just how wonderful you are even though I know that I forget to thank you or give you a pat on the back and I shall try to be better about it.

In any case, I do feel bad that we’re not doing anything special today, being Ash Wednesday (no steak dinner) and having Baptism class this evening, nor do I have a present (since you wanted to pick your own golf clubs!) or birthday cake (too busy to make one, it’s busy season!), I know you truly don’t mind not having the whole rigmarole and may even been happy that you are not reminded of being a year older! (did I mention you were easy???), I just wanted you to know that you are celebrated by all who loves you!

Having said that, Happy Birthday again sweetie, may our good Lord shower you with blessings of good health, loved ones, laughter and prosperity all the years of your life.

Love you lots!
Your wife, baby and puppy

2 comments:

Salt N Turmeric said...

Happy Birthday to your husband! I shall not ask the number if it's a sensitive matter. ;) May all his dreams come true.

letti said...

ooo we have matching baby stuff, how neat! :) I haven't opened the boxes yet.. the pack & play is going to be in our bedroom at the end of the bed, and we still need to move some stuff to make room for it, but in the next few days! It's like a new toy for me to get to know.. :)