Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Baby Shower

Dear Little One - On February 24th, 2009, your Daddy and I rode to work together since your Mommy fried her car, that's another story for another time :) On our way, we stopped by Eddie's Market for Daddy's daily dose of coffee. There, I met Ms. Peggy and Brittney, they both work mornings at the market. Ms. Peggy is probably in her 80s and is one of the sweetest woman I've met and Brittney is in high school a bundle of energy. Both ladies got you a bagful of cute outfits and a pair of the cutest shoes...

Ms Peggy is working on a handmade quilt for you but she wanted you to know that you may not get it until after you get here since her eyes don't work so good anymore and also, she wants to sew on your birtday, weight and height as well. Your Mummy was so touched that these women who do not even know me or you would go out of their way to do something so thoughtful and kind. They even give Daddy free coffee everyday to thank him for his service. Pregnancy hormones or not, I had tears in my eyes by the time we left for work. We will bring you to visit her when you get here for sure.

Daddy picked me up from work in the middle of the morning to go over to his office where a gaggle of people he works with gathered to celebrate YOU.


The makeshift hall was prettily decorated in blue.


The yummy spread.


The gifts.


The yummilicious cake, it was half white and half chocolate cake, both so moist and the the frosting was heaven. Thanks Jami for getting this!


The jokes... Mummy and Daddy enjoying the banter as we open your gifts.

All in all, I was really overwhelmed by the experience, I have never met most of these people, yet they took the time and put the effort to be there to celebrate with us in our time of joy... I feel so blessed to be so lucky! And you, little one, are SO loved!


This is only part of what you got, I've really got to get things organized since the days have a way to just melt away!

2 comments:

letti said...

How sweet of your daddy's colleagues! I know I was overwhelmed at the amount of people at junior's shower. We really are blessed :). And I can't believe you got a diaper genie and I didn't. LOL :) I can't wait to see what YOUR little junior looks like! He will be soooo precious! Meanwhile, rest rest and rest some more! :)

letti said...

yeah, it was pretty chaotic with the registry because as you said, people didn't check stuff off, but i'm still jealous of your diaper genie. LOL. Anyway, we had multiples of a few things, nothing major. We have a niece who's having a baby a month after us, so we're going to give her our duplicates :) Ooo you can return your diaper genies and get even MORE cool stuff.. MWAHAHAHAHAH. Did i mention your baby room is gorgeous? Ours isn't even near anywhere done, ( it's still a junky store room ) and so for now baby's bunking with us in our room. As for baby weight, I'm up to 30lbs now.. GAH!!!!! the bump is there..just unable to be seen under all the other rolls of fat. LOL :)