Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, March 20, 2009

Surprise Shower

March 19, 2009

Unbeknownst to your Mummy, my audit client in their trick-sy manner, threw us a surprise baby shower to celebrate your impending appearance. I think they’re looking forward to a junior auditor or simply a cutesy little thing to cuddle and love on.

Anyways, I really had no idea what was in store for me, I had a meeting with the Controller (which I thought was at 10.30am but it was actually at 10am) and got a call at 10.05 am asking if I was coming and when I made my way upstairs, I met the Controller on my way and as usual, was chatting away with her and she suggested we go see the Assistant Treasurer to discuss a few issues. Again, your blur Mummy is chattering away and then all of a sudden, there’s a loud “SURPRISE!!!!” and I think my temperature went from normal to flushed in a nano-second. Everyone in Accounting was there, the CFO included and I was stunned to say the least!


Your blur Mummy wondering what's going on???! Of course, at this time, I look like I'm about to burst out from my sweater/pants!


Finally realizing what's happening and note the flush... that's Beth, the MasterMind efficiently taking the work stuff away to start the celebration.

The Controller, Beth had put together a diaper cake complete with your nursery’s safari theme plus Daddy’s Alabama football passion. She even made little diaper cupcakes, towel candy and included the cutest little tinkle shield!!!


Beth's handwork on display.


Giggling at the little "tinkle shield"... looks like a little turtle shell.


Close up of the cutesy diaper cake and cupcakes. Note the little shoes complete with the cutest Bama themed socks! The attention to detail is amazing!

There was the yummiest white/chocolate cake with to-die-for frosting and this yummy sprite/ginger ale/orange sherbet punch with little duckies floating on it.


Trying on the cutest little outfit for size!

All in all, I was extremely touched by everyone’s thoughtfulness and kindness, I will have to bring you to meet your extended aunties and uncles. Little buddy, we're so blessed to have such kind and caring people in our lives aren't we?

2 comments:

letti said...

awwww what a sweet surprise! more loot!! mwahahahah.. heheh. i actually completed 37 weeks today, so that's a major milestone. :)

Cat Cat said...

Wah, more shower for the baby ya... Hey girlfriend, email me your home address lah... Hurry babe... Can't send you your prize leh...