Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, April 30, 2009

3 weeks

Eli turned 3 weeks a couple of days ago on Tuesday and we've had some good times and some not so good times. The not so good times isn't too serious, it's just that he needs a little less sleep these days and also, for some reason, he thinks that feeding time is a 24-hour buffet... he takes his milk an ounce a time and 'grazes' throughout the day. Something's got to change cos once my mom's gone home and I'm back at work with no one to help me, this will be a miserable time :( Any suggestions how to get him on a schedule?

Other than that, he is such a sweet boy, I think he's got to be at least 6 lbs now, some of his clothes are too tight and I am so excited! Here are some pictures to capture the past week.


Engrossed in the various colors on the book cover. One of our favorite activity once he's fed and clean is to lay in bed and I'll read to him, he looks at the pictures as I read and he seems fascinated by the pictures.


Stop taking pictures Mummy, continue reading please!


Puppy love. His expression is so funny here, it's like he's pleading for the puppy to stop licking!


Starting him young! Cribbage match with his Godparents cum Grandparents.


With the grandmothers! Left to Right: My mother, Mother in Law and my other mother who is also Eli's Godmother/Nana.


His 'squished' expression after being passed around the grandmas :)



Taking his first bath... in a vegetable basin in the kitchen sink. He loves the warm water!

6 comments:

Grace said...

awww - he is so tiny ... I miss them being so little!! Too precious!

asiangard said...

What a sweetie!

Cat Cat said...

Such a precious little boy. He looks alot like you.

Young infants are very hard to put on schedule coz they get hungry fast. Small stomach hold little at a time and they poop and pee 24/07 which make them go hungry fast.

Beachlover said...

wow!! Eli look so cute with his BIG eyes!! time fly so fast...infant need to be feed every 2-3 hours until 1-2 months or so..so it's normal..or else try to feed him every 2 hours since he is 3 weeks old now,then increased to 3 hours and then so on..

letti said...

Ugh I sooo know what you mean about the 24 hr buffet and grazing all day long.. my n*ps are about to fall off. LOL :)

Ms One Boobie said...

congrats.!!! i see you are friends with letti too. :)
if you are into watching tvb shows.. email me eh.