Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Busy bee

Dear blog, I promise I have not been intentionally neglecting you, it just seems that busy season has a way of keeping me... ummm... busy? :)

With my husband gone for the past month, it is easy to understand how I was swept into a reluctant affair... with work!


It seems that I spend more time in the audit room and my co-workers than at home! Almost all meals are taken at this very spot... breakfast du jour, yoghurt with Uncle Sam cereal and almonds. Yes, physical activity is very limited during the first half of the year. It's definitely not my imagination that the bottom feels heavier! :)

Two weekends ago though, I was determined to spend sometime outside enjoy a little sunshine and relaxation.


It was off to the Farmers Market.


It was still early spring and the vendors were not out in full force but it felt so good to be out there to soak in the atmosphere and the season's first produce.


Assortment of fresh produce, jams, bacon, honey... all from local farms.


Amish bread. Absolutely yummy.


Of course I couldn't leave without my own bounty. What's better than vegetable lentil curry when you have all these fresh vegetables!


Paired with dry chicken curry and basmathi rice.


Final product.


Side note, this is what I found from the newly opened World Market, Tim Tams and Dutch waffle cookies!!! Memories of Australia and the Netherlands... perfect to end the day with :)

I'm counting down the hours till my honey comes home! I never thought that it would affect me so much because I travel all the time but there is something different being alone at our home than it is living out of the suitcase in hotels all over the US!

What I realized with Mr. J gone is that how much I depend on him to take care of things at home, it's so easy to forget that when I do the dishes or laundry or cook because during those times, I feel like I do ALL the work! I wonder if other couples feel the same way? Anyways, Honey, I appreciate how much you contribute to our home and I'm sorry if I don't tell you enough. One more wake up and you're home!

3 comments:

Cat Cat said...

Hang in there... Your hubby will be home soon... Not more lonely nights then.

Sue said...

Oooo..the food looks good...

Salt N Turmeric said...

the food look good. care to sahre the rcipe for the vege lentil curry?

farina