Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Fish tales and all.

After a month's absence, hubby is finally home. The house seemed so big and empty without him, I am glad he's home for a little bit!

He got home this past Friday and during the weekend, he had to work so on Saturday evening, the guys from work asked him over to a fish fry after work, just to have some beers, fried fish and chill with the rest of the guys. Mr. J asked if he could bring his wife along since he hadn't seen her in a month and that is how I became the rose amongst the thorns for the night. 12 men and a lady :)

As a 2nd Lieutenant, Mr J was the most junior officer at the party but I wouldn't have guessed that as once again, we were welcomed with open arms and hearts. The men treated me like a younger sister, teasing and bantering.

Captain A caught the whitetail catfish which I understand is not the regular bottom feeding catfish but rather, swims 10 feet from the waterline and eats little fishes. I had never tried catfish before but this was one of the tastiest fried fish I have EVER tried. The batter was crunchy, well seasoned and not oily, the fish was flaky, juicy and sweet tasting.

Thank you guys for a wonderful evening, look forward to doing this again!


Chef for the day whipping up his masterpiece


Cooking up a storm


Crispy golden goodness


My plate [first of MANY] fixed


Oh, unrelated post, I came home last night bone tired after another 12-hour day and look at what I found??? Our tub was filled with piping hot water, bath salts added, candles lit... I almost fell asleep, it really helps take the aches and pains away. Thank you honey!

1 comment:

Cat Cat said...

Nice bathtub... Aaaah, make me wanted to soak in my bathtub too.