Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day 2008

What a wonderful day it was! As we remember our fallen heroes and also those men and women of the uniform who continuously sacrifice so that we may live in peace and prosperity. Thank you, we are forever grateful.

Mr. J and I took a short trip to Annapolis, Maryland to visit with a family who I can only describe as being my very own angel placed here on earth by Him to pick me up during my darkest days.

I will update with pics soon!

We got back to Nashville yesterday and decided to take it easy and enjoy each other's company doing the things we love. It was off for a drive in the countryside, the weather was perfect, sunny and cool, calves and foals with their mothers grazing in the fields, foliage just so lush and green, the wondorously sweet smell jasmine lingering in the air, all little reminders oncoming summer season. It was a perfect day and just when we thought nothing could get better, we dropped by to see our little girl for the very first time.

As we drove to the maginificent farmhouse she was born in, the anticipation was almost unbearable, Mr. J could only chuckle at my delight.


The moment the little bundle wrapped in a pink blankie was placed in my arms, it was absolute love at first sight!


She was simply perfect, our little rosebud... how fitting it is that Rose is her middle name :)

We will get to bring her home on June 13th when she's 7 weeks old and we simply cannot wait!

It was off shopping for patio furniture and we finally found the perfect set! What better to celebrate a wonderful day than a homecooked meal prepared by none other than my dear husband!


Grilled pork with a grilled pineapple salsa, shrimp skewers and grilled corn. Everything was scrumptuos.

Siiigh, and then the work week begins!

3 comments:

Sue said...

She is so adorable...

Cat Cat said...

That one cute little puppy.

Beachlover said...

oh!! I love your puppy.if I show to Mishu I'm sure she wanna it!!