Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, May 2, 2008

Announcing the arrival of our little one.

The J household has been all abuzz with excitement this week, Mr. J and I have been seriously discussing getting a baby, considering all the newfound responsibilities and commitment whilst juggling travel and long hours, we finally feel we’re ready. I knew exactly in my mind what I wanted.

After a lot of research and looking, we finally found her.

Introducing little Ms. Bama J*****n. (She's the one on the left)



Born: April 25th, 2008
Color: Apricot
Breed: Miniature Poodle (AKC Certified)
Weight: 1 lb, 2 oz
Length: Palm sized
Cuteness: Unsurpassed!

Please let me tell you though, it was a great big struggle to get Mr. J to agree on a poodle as he thinks they're 'sissy' dogs, especially since I insisted we get a girl. In any case, Mr. J had to have one say in the matter, her naming, he insists we name her Bama after his alumni, the University of Alabama. He initially wanted to name our future daughter this if we had one! So guess better the dog than a little girl :) I haven't decided on her middle name yet (so that I can use her naughty name when she's being bad)... I'm considering 2 right now, Bama-Nicole or Bama-Rose.... we'll see.

I guess I am a little biased because we had a mini poodle in Malaysia named Katie, she passed away before I came here due to tickcide poisoning, it broke my heart because even as she lay dying, she'd drag herself to me so that I can love on her... such is a dog's love, so innocent and trusting...

I am so excited and nervous of course because this is a big responsibility, no longer can I wake up 15 minutes before I have to leave as she'll need to be walked and come home during lunch to let her out and give her baths and groom her... ooh speaking of grooming, I found out that her anal glands will need to be expressed! I'm gagging thinking of this but hopefully I'll get through it like a champ! Mr. J is chuckling because he's offered to assume 60% of the responsibilities with EXCEPTION of the anal expression :(

We still haven't seen her in person as she's still only 6 days old and just had her tail docked and dew claws removed so hopefully in 2 weeks when her furry mummy is okay with people visiting, we'll go see our little baby! We will take possession of her when she's 8 weeks old. I cannot even begin to express how excited I am.

So this weekend is baby-shopping, we need to get her a crate, food, grooming items, vitamins, pink glitter t-shirt (don't tell Mr. J that though as I had to promise not to put clothes on her, my fingers were crossed of course!). Her Daddy's going to take her to doggie school so that she'll learn to be obedient and understand signs, poodles are intelligent [ranked 2nd smartest breed after border collies] and I am sure she'll be valedictorian of her class!

Exciting (and challenging) times ahead in our household but it'll all be worth it!

3 comments:

Beachlover said...

It's nice and cute dogs.I wish hubby allow Mishu to have pet at home.Mishu love furry dog or cat.She go crazy when she see one.I always have to ask the dog owner permission for Mishu to touch it.But in another way is good we don't have pet,if not I'm the one who is going to clean and wash them!!lol!

Cat Cat said...

We had a dog too and she died of tickcide poisoining too... It was so devastating for us (me and my siblings) and we decided never ever gonna have a dog again...

We had a cat now and that's alot of work... The girls love Tiger so much, so that's all it counts.n

Geraldine said...

Cute puppy... remember to keep the shoes high up.. my puppy ate 8 of my shoes(10 years ago..)

I'm G_Koh at myb... just found out about your blog when you asked AhBeng/Lian to see it.. would have been here sooner if I'd known. I kepo and saw your beautiful wedding photos.