Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, May 16, 2008

Little things

More often than not, I find the greatest pleasure in the littlest things... and what wonderful time of the year to enjoy some of Mother Nature's simple pleasures. It's hard not to like Spring with the icy fingers of frost melting away, emerald buds emerging from their artic slumber, blooms of all different shades lending magnificent color to the canvas of our daily lives... so much enthusiasm, so much promise. I love this time of year!

This week has been a good one by far, we had to spend evenings together, be it watching Law & Order on the couch [yes, we have gotten hooked on the marathons they've been running and since we never had time to watch tv, most of these episodes were new to us] or even like last night, just laying together on the couch downstairs with nary a sound but us talking about everything and anything under the sun and we wound up to the topic of children and out of the blue Mr. J proclaims that if we were to be blessed with a son, his name will be Ghosamer. YES, my reaction exactly!!!! What the heck does that EVEN mean??? In what language???? It turns out that he was pulling my leg cos he loves seeing me freak out... he wants to play this by his parents... so the only thing left is I need to be able to keep a straight face!

What a nice way to end the week, another cozy night in with dinner prepared by yours truly, crabcakes with salad topped with gourmand walnut cheese, black grapes and macademias with a touch of balsamic vinegrette.


Ooooh, and I struck purple gold! I found Ribena here in Nashville! All the way from Malaysia. Retailing at $7.99, it was definitely more expensive but hey, anything that brings you down memory lane is worth it!

3 comments:

Cat Cat said...

Suprisingly, my two girls not much into Ribena... I found Milo too in our Asian store but it doesn't taste the same as I remembered it was in yesteryears.

It's nice to spend a quiet weekend with hubby, right? But ours are long gone, ever since we had our 2 little girls who always keep us up the wall.

Salt N Turmeric said...

i can only imagine the look on ur face when he said ghosamer! very notty ur hubby ya?

Beachlover said...

I just bought a Ribena for Mishu in Brooklyn.It's cost 7.99 and we are in Chinatown but still.....what to do,if I drive further to the city I think my gas is more than the Ribena!!