Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, March 13, 2008

30 years ago today

A little girl was born, and she grew up to be me! Yes, I am 30 today... I know age is just a number and frankly, I am not one who is touchy about age/weight, I'll tell you the truth if you ask! However, it does amaze me how quickly time has flown. I will do a series of post when things are not too crazy to walk through the highlights of the progression of my life in the past decade, there were a lot of sweet moments/memories and what was hopefully the hardest, most painful experience in my life, EVER. It is important that I remember and hence, I want to spend some time to reflect upon them.

As my hubby was going to be out of town for the next month, we had an early birthday dinner. I was pleasantly surprised when we pulled up at Outback Steakhouse. What's so special you say? This was where we had met the for the first time and he even picked out the same exact booth we sat at. It was heartwarming sitting there and reminiscing about how it all started.




Fried mushroom as an appetizer, probably very bad for you [not as bad as the blooming onion though] but really yummy!


As usual, Mr. J has his medium rare steak, fries and wilted spinach.


I had a yummy grilled salmon over wild rice, grilled pineapple and baked potato. Absolutely yummy.


Before digging in, one for the photo album, us 2 years [and 40 lbs] later!

I saved all my birthday cards and opened them this morning, I just LOVE cards and keep each and everyone of them to Mr. J's chagrin! And this year, I received a good bounty, each and every one made me feel all warm and fuzzy. Thank you all, you know who you are!

Of course a gift completes every birthday and this year, I finally got what I have been drooling over for months!!! It was on our wedding registry but it was understandable why no one purchased it, if you're familiar with performance cookware, you'll know why!


Pretty cards all in a row.


My babies, waiting to be unwrapped!


I know, it's pretty sad but I love cookware and I can't tell you how excited I was to get this!


Cannot wait to use my new lovelies and create more memorable meals!


But alas, for this chef wannabe, it was cereal and soy milk for dinner as I am trying not to eat too much when I get home as it's usually almost 9pm.

Well that was my 30th birthday, I wish my husband were home to be with me, that would have made it perfect!

8 comments:

Sweetpea said...

wow! i guess that's all i can say.... WOW! i hated the george foreman grill my hubby got me as a bday present (just becoz he didn't notice we have been actually using one!) but this, this.....

Shana said...

Happy Belated Birthday! We'd wish you all the best but it appears you already have it.

Moments In Time said...

Sweetpea, I only had to giggle about your hubby cos he sounds so very much like mine!!!!! He never remembers anything, he'd notice things one day and ask me where I got it from when he gave it to me!

Shana! How does it feel to be back home???? Hope y'all are settled in good. Thank you for the best wishes, we need to meet up for dinner when JJ comes home. Say Hi to Josh for me, seems like forever!

pearly said...

happy belated birthday to YOU xxxxx

Cat Cat said...

Happy Belated Birthday.

Wow, that's a very nice birthday present which reminds me that I need to change all my cookware and it's not a surprise to hear Robert saying "No, honey. What's wrong with all the pots and pans?" *slapping my forehead*

Salt N Turmeric said...

love pots and pans too! heheh. im not late coz i already wish u on ur fb but il wish u again, happy birthday Sheila! *hugs*

Moments In Time said...

Pearly - thanks for the birthday wishes!

Cat - Ha ha RT is so like my JJ, he also asked me what's wrong with our pans... and I was like #1, they don't match, #2 the non-stick layer is peeling (that's why I got for stainless this time), #3 because I waaaaan! Hee hee he just made me promise I'll get rid of the rest when I get my new one. He's away for a month and I still have everything cos I'm like a 'tikus' love to keep everything!

FarFar - Thanks babe! LOVED the cupcake!

Beachlover said...

Happy Belated Bday!!..wow!! I love All Clad cookware and it's really expensive!!.my dream cookaware,going to get when I have $$!!lol!!