Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Association Dinner

That's what we were up to last weekend! We attended the Tennessee National Guard Association dinner. It was a whole weekend thing where we stayed at the Music City Sheraton from Friday to Sunday, with mixers on Friday evening, convention for the members of the military on Saturday morning/afternoon [means shopping for the spouses!] and then we dress up and meet for a formal dinner in the evening.



We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, meeting new friends, catching up with old faces. I am a new military wife so it never fails to astound me how genuine and accepting members of the military are to each other, I have yet to meet anyone from petty officer to the general himself who have not welcomed me with open arms. I can understand now why they say the military consists not just of personnel but a family.

Mingling with other officers and their spouses just leaves me dumbfounded, it certainly takes a special breed of individuals to sacrifice so much out of their lives for the sake of the freedom of their nation whom they hold so dear... Land of the Free and Home of the Brave indeed!

The food was excellent [did not snap any pics as I was shy!], entertainment was provided by these amazing songwriters;



L-R: Gordie Sampson, Caroline Dawn Johnson and Brett James

These guys are Grammy Award winners and write for big names such as Kenny Chesney, Reba McIntyre, Keith Urban, Carrie Underwood etc [YES! These are country stars, can't escape that being in Nashville! Amazing talents though.]

3 comments:

Cat Cat said...

Nice picture... Macam pinang di belah dua... I too love country music but my hubby can't stand it... Carrie Underwood rocks!!!

Lee said...

Hi there, was at Sweet Jasmine's place noticed your beautiful callsign, and kaypoh over.
Wow! You're a military wife. Good for you.
First lady in the blog I come across married to one.
My wife and I love country music, especially the oldies like Slim Whitman, Hank williams, Duane Eddy, Willie Nelson, to name a few.
By the way, you sure one very attractive lady.
You have a nice day, UL.

Moments In Time said...

Cath ah, my mother says both sama sama bulat!!! I am starting to appreciate country music, if you listen to the lyrics, it's very meaningful and sometimes really funny too! Yeah I think Carrie is the best Idol so far.

U.Lee - thanks for visiting my blog and many thanks for the compliments!!! Yes, I am proud to be an officer's wife! I was at your blog and love your sense of humor, come kaypoh here more often k???