Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

My personal chef...

Well, almost! :) I came home to a little surprise, my dear hubby making me dinner! Now now ladies and gentlemen, this is a VERY rare occurance because since my husband and I moved in together, he has kind of lost touch with his 'foraging' instincts! Shopping for groceries, prepping and cooking a meal from start to finish seems to be a talent he no longer needed... but then again, during the good old bachelor days, it was sausage on the grill or cold pizza, please don't ask where he gets his daily veggie intake cos I never found out.

So anyways, I came home to see groceries laid out. Not to criticise though but my dear husband didn't know that we had everything but the ricotta and spinach! However, minor detail though :)



Here's the chef of the day cleaning up and looking very much like a house husband... [as much as a bull in a china shop].



Putting on the finishing touches...



Voila! Ready to go into the oven.



It was at this juncture that I went upstairs to our office and started preparing our tax returns. Waiting on one more statement and we're ready to file! WooHoo! This is my first time filing our return myself, we usually paid someone to do it and this year, I decided that since everyone assumes that I am a tax expert just because I am a CPA, why not try... after all if it didn't work out, I can always pay someone to do it. Anyways, it turned out to be pretty easy, we're pretty organized and file everything away throughout the year and Turbo Tax definitely rocks!

Anyways, the meal was delicious, served with yummy, crusty garlic bread... thank you honey, I really love little surprises such as this! You never cease to show me by your actions what love really is. I'm happy :)

No comments: