Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

A typical Saturday...

Having been away for a while, I have a lot of blogging to catch up with! In line with my fellow blogger friends, CatCat and Beachlover, I thought it’d be fun for my family back home to follow what a typical Saturday is like for me back home here in Nashville.

Mr J is very particular about our bed being made but I never do it on weekdays as I would normally jump out of bed, get ready and head out of the door but Saturdays, now, that’s my #1 duty.

Next, a long luxurious hot shower before facing the cold wintry morning. To kill two birds with one stone, I am going to include in this post [again, following CatCat and Beachlover] the ‘beauty’ products I use. I don’t really use make up, but I love having good skin and hair so naturally, I have tones of facial and hair product [tones per Mr J as he doesn’t understand why girls need facial wash-toner-moisturizer or shampoo-conditioner-oils, he uses one product for everything, his trusty bar of soap!].

Anyways, Mr J wants his wife to look young and pretty forever so he doesn’t mind splurging on good products :)

For the face; L-R: SK-II Advance Protect Essence UV, SK-II Facial Clear Solution, SK-II Eye Treatment Film, SK-II Facial Treatment Clear Lotion, SK-II Facial Treatment Essence and SK-II Facial Treatment Cleanser

For the crowning glory; L-R: Keratase Intensive Oleo-Relax, Shishedo Fuente Vita Voltage Tonic, Shampoo & Treatment [miracle shampoo if your hair drops!], L’oreal Professional Intense Repair Shampoo & Conditioner [awesome during winter!]


Okay okay, back to the day’s progression, after showering, the real work begins. This week, I had to travel to Miami so first things first, unpack suitcase.


Then laundry.


Wash dishes because ‘someone’, I wonder who, will leave dishes in the sink all week that I am away so that I’ll do the dishes when I get back!!!


Next, I have to do a stock take of the refrigerator and replenish it with grocery for the week so that my darling husband will not have to die of starvation or eat fast food. Please don’t ask me how he survived for so long before meeting me. Men!!!



Off the grocery store and errands now, took random pictures of downtown Nashville.


State Capitol


Tennessee Performing Arts Center, where Broadway or local productions are featured.

Then my camera died on me so no more pictures from my outing.

Back now, I usually make Mr J his lunch for the next week, so 5 grilled chicken salads packed (organic spinach, grilled chicken, cheddar cubes, walnuts, dried cranberries, olives and pickles).



At this time, I am famished and since I'll be away for the week, I made something simple, tofu curd... if you have not tried this shortcut, you absolutely have to because it is yummilicious! Even better than some that I have tasted back home in Malaysia. Not sure if this is because being deprived or what but a hot bowl [or two[ of this and I am happy. Mr J was at work this weekend in case if you were wondering where he was!]



By this time, laundry is done, bags are packed, load the car and head on out to the airport for the next town my job takes me.


One last stop, GAS!!!


On the way to the airport.


Until next week, see ya!

No comments: