Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, February 14, 2008

I carry your heart, I carry it in my heart.

This is our very first Valentine's together as Mr & Mrs. We made the decision that we weren't going to do the flower-chocolates-dinner thing on the day itself but instead, go to a nice dinner on Saturday or movie on Friday night. I'm knocking on 30and I STILL absolutely love 'date' nights with my husband :)

When I got into work on the morning of Valentine's Day [late as I went to get Krispy Kreme doughnuts for my client and boy oh boy, the line was HUGE!!!], I saw this note from my dearest...

I carry your heart with me (I carry it in
my heart) Ii am never without it (anywhere
I go you go, my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing, my darling)

I fear no fate (for you are my fate, my sweet)
I want no world (for beautiful you are my world, my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

Here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

I carry your heart (I carry it in my heart)

E.E. Cummings
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Needless to say, I sat here with the goofiest smile on my face and tears in my eyes, and of course, everyone wanted to see what it was that got me into that state. Oooohs and aaahhhs ensued of course :) This is one of the many reasons why I thee Honey!

We exchanged our cards in the evening when I got home and then spent a relaxing evening just fixing and sharing a quiet dinner, laying on the couch watching tv and then retired to bed early. It was work day as usual the next day as usual.

So here's to Valentine's 2008, may we share many, many, many more together!

1 comment:

Sweet Jasmine said...

hi..Happy Valentine to you and your Mr.J....thks for dropping by my place...